I am all about having a variety of side dishes for the perfect holiday dinner or to mix it up during weeknight dinners. This Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrot recipe will bring color to your table. Here I used rainbow carrots but you can use baby carrots or peeled and chopped classic orange carrots as well. Balsamic Vinegar, Honey and Thyme make for an excellent marinade to roast any vegetable in.
Easy, classic and makes for the prettiest and delicious side dish.
- 1 bag rainbow or baby carrots
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cut carrots if applicable.
- In a large bowl place carrots and EVOO. Coat evenly.
- Transfer carrots to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme leaves. Whole sprigs are fine too.
- Roast for 20 mins.
- While the carrots are roasting, in a small mixing bowl combine balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Whisk together.
- Remove carrots from over and transfer back into the large mixing bowl.
- Pour balsamic and honey mixture over and coat evenly.
- Transfer back to the baking dish and roast for another 5-10 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Looking for a delicious dinner? Try THIS RECIPE for Marinated Steak with Roasted Honey Balsamic Brussel Sprouts!