Ah pumpkin season is in full force with the height of October upon us so I am sharing this recipe for the Chewiest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! Taking a classic and giving it a pumpkin twist, that’s the gist of October if you ask me.
In a recent Instagram poll I did on my stories this Sunday showed 89% of you, like Chewy cookies. I’d say chewy takes the cake as well! Speaking of cake..these cookies are thick, cakey, chewy cookies. The type that you think you’ll just have one, but then slowly keep creeping back for more. Creep away…it’s almost Halloween.
You can add red or orange food die to these to make the pumpkin color really stand out. Here shown is just the canned pumpkin and 1 drop of orange food dye to ensure a little festiveness.
I have ordered 3 costumes for Bailey only for her to decide she wants something different. Every year before, she’s been some type of princess. This year, she’s going to be a villain. Stay tuned!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- ½ vegetable Oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat Over to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix canned pumpkin, vegetable oil, sugars, egg and vanilla. Combine until well mixed.
- If desired add in food dye. Beat or stir until smooth.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet mixture and combine until smooth.
- Cover dough and chill for at least an hour. (you can chill overnight)
- Use a spoon to scoop out mounds of dough and place on cookie sheet. Ensure they are not too close to each other or they will spread onto each other.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes at 350 degrees depending on size.
- Remove from oven and cool.
For another fall favorite check out this recipe for Chicken and Orzo Soup!
Fall is here! The ultimate New England Apple Picking Guide!