Another favorite in my summer salad series, The Grilled Peach and Buratta Salad. Soft cheese mixed with warm peaches and a pop of cherry along with arugula, EVOO and a dash of sea salt make for the perfect light and airy meal. Add a crusty loaf of grilled bread.
One of the keys to crowd pleasing recipes where every last bit is eaten up is cooking or using what’s in season. Peak of summer means the peaches of all varieties are in season, juicy and ripe.
A few notes:
While you will want the peaches warm, do not put them on the salad too hot with the cheese. Otherwise it will melt together.
You can toss the arugula is EVOO, salt and pepper if you want to start with a dressing base. The flavors of the fruit do the job for flavor.
- 1 bag baby arugula
- 2 large yellow peaches
- red cherries
- buffalo mozzarella, shredded by hand
- 1 Loaf Crusty Bread
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze
- Spray and heat a grill pan over medium high heat. You can also use the grill.
- Brush EVOO lightly over both slides of the sliced peaches.
- Slice and grill the bread the same way.
- Grill on the pan until golden brown and slightly caramelized.
- While the peaches are grilling, arrange the bed of baby arugula in a large bowl.
- Place the cherries and mozzarella in. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Once the peaches are done, arrange them into the salad.
- Place the Buratta on top.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.