Not much is more American than Ice Cream and Cherries. Try out this super easy 5 ingredient homemade ice cream recipe jam-packed with chocolate chunks and fresh cherries.
After spending one afternoon at Linvilla Orchards just outside of Philly, we discovered you could pick your own cherries. I’d like to think we are berry picking experts if I do say so myself, but cherry picking was new to us. On the highest parts of the tree were the ripest, juiciest cherries. Try to pick some up at a farmers market or your local grocer and get pitting.
For this recipe all you will need is a hand-held mixer and a bread pan. Mix up, fold over and you’re a few short hours away from homemade ice cream all weekend long. Move over Ben and Jerry. Wishing everyone an amazing weekend celebrating America’s Birthday!
- 1 cup sliced Cherries with pits removed
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 - 15 oz can of consensed sweetened milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream with a hand or standard mixer until stiff and forming peaks.
- When the peaks have formed fold in the condensed milk, vanilla, cherries and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer mixture into a bread loaf pan.
- Freeze until the ice cream has set and serve.
- Transfer any leftovers after serving to an air tight tupperware container and return to the freezer.