I can’t believe I lived for thirty-six years of life without having a Walking Taco. I’m not sure if it’s regional or a trendy thing but a Walking Taco is the most satisfying cheat food you could have. Here I’m sharing how to make Walking Tacos. Okay guys, I know it’s not rocket science but easy and fun dinner ideas are what we do in my house.
Since quarantine started we have been strictly adhering to Taco Tuesday. I mean, what’s not to love. There’s tacos and you know what day of the week you’re getting tacos. Win/Win. Last week I spiced up Taco Tuesday with these Walking Tacos.
You can use any chip you’d like, Fritos, Doritos, Tortilla. Crunch them at the bottom and then pour in the goodness. For ours I added ground beef, avocado, dark red kidney beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce chives and lots and lots of cilantro. Pop in a fork and you’re good to go, literally.
The first place I tried a Walking Taco was at an amusement park. At the park they served them with nacho cheese and hey while I’m usually a fan of gooey goodness, I much preferred classic taco cheese and ingredients. You literally walk around, eating your taco in a bag. If it sounds awesome, it’s because it is.
Give these a whirl one night for dinner and your family will have a lot of fun with them.
- Ground Beef
- Dark Red Kidney or Pinto Beans
- Lettuce, chopped
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Anything else your heart desires!
1. Cook and season ground beef to the instructions on the Taco Seasoning Mix.
2. While beef is browning, chop and dice all topics. Place in topping in a bowl to allow family or friends to make their own.
3. Open each chip bag and roll down the top. Gently crush the chips at the bottom.
4. Invite others to layer their Walking Taco according to their liking. Top with sour cream or cilantro and a fork.