This recipe for Oreo Salted Almond Caramel Swirl Homemade Ice Cream is the only desert recipe you’ll need this summer. Last year I blew your minds with my Homemade Cherry Garcia Ice Cream recipe. This year, I’m swirling in caramel, salting almonds and adding in my favorite cookie.
Here’s the thing about making your own ice cream…it makes it tough to eat ice cream anywhere else. Use the freshest ingredients and it will make all the difference in this summer creamy recipe. We served this up on waffle cones on the 4th of July. Homemade, no-churn Ice Cream is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing this your whole life. Bailey helped me make it of course and while waiting for it to freeze it perhaps the hardest part, it definitely teaches you patience in the fruit of your labor.
Add in lots of chunky ingredients or less for a smoother flavor. Be sure to cover your homemade ice cream when you place it in your freezer.
Enjoy the Chocolate & Lace Ice Cream flavor of the summer! Sounds official? I just made that up. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 15 oz can of Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- A jar of Caramel sauce
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Chop Oreos and almonds. Set aside and reserve a extra handful.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of salt over the almonds and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or standing kitchen mixer on high to whip the heavy whipping cream until peaks form and it thickens.
- Fold in the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the Oreos and almonds.
- Pour ⅓ of the mixture into the bread pan.
- Using a spoon drop gobs of the caramel sauce into the pan.
- Using the tip of butter knife, swirl the caramel around gently in the ice cream.
- Repeat by pouring another ⅓ of the ice cream into the pan.
- Add and swirl caramel sauce.
- Pour remaining mixture into the pan and smooth.
- Swirl in caramel sauce on top and sprinkle over the remaining chopped Oreos and almonds.
- Place pan into the freezer and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Ice cream should be cold and creamy. Enjoy!
If fruit and cream is your summer delight be sure to check out my recipe for Roasted Figs with Vanilla Ice Cream + Honey.