This is the carrot cake recipe of your dreams. This post contains a recipe for Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
This recipe is all in the method of retaining moisture inside the cake for the most scrumptious bite. Adding cream cheese to buttercream frosting makes for delightful and delicious pairing.
How to Make the Cake
Start by shredding the carrots so you can add the shredded carrot to the Carrot Cake mix later on.
Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls and gently fold one into the other. The key to this cake tasting about and beyond is that it’s extra and super moist.
After you’ve bake the cake, you’ll use the same cake pans to flip and cover the cake to retain moisture. Let this sit for at least 45 minutes so you can retain the moisture.
How to Make the Frosting
For the frosting, you’ll add cream cheese to a classic buttercream recipe for a decadent topping. Mix together the butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract with a mixing stand or hand mixer.
Once you’ve whipped it up, it will be extra spreadable onto a cooled cake. Store any extra in the fridge.
Tips for Making a Super Moist Cake
Making this cake super moist and delectable is all about the method after you take the cake out of the oven. Up until this part, it’s a standard and easy cake.
Once you’ve removed the cakes from the oven you’ll want to reverse the pans no to the cake top down to trap in all the moisture. Trust me!
Carefully flip the cake onto a flat service, plate or stand. Take the pan and cover the cake. Let it sit for 45 minutes. This is the best moist cake hack!
THIS is the super moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting of your dreams. Easy to make and decedant to dive into.
- For the Cake:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- For the Frosting:
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 8 cups powered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and line two 9” cake pans. Set the pans aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil and eggs. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the carrots until finely chopped. Stir in the sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gently fold into the sugar and carrot mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cake pans.
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes. The cakes should be firm in the center.
- Remove from the pan and cool on baking racks for at least ten minutes. Transfer the cakes to parchment paper and replace the pans on top of the cakes. This is the seal in the moisture. Leave the cakes like this for at least 45 minutes.
- While the cakes are cooling, mix together the frosting.
- Mix together cream cheese, softened butter, and confectioners sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- When the cakes have cooled, place the first layer onto a cake stand. Coat the first layer with frosting. Place the second layer on top. Coat the top and sides with frosting.
- Refrigerate and serve cold when ready. Enjoy!