Sweet Roasted Sausage and Vegetables
Recipe adapted with healthier main ingredients from www.costalliving.com of this sweet and savory easy dish.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3-4 Sweet Chicken Sausage (shown chicken sausage with kale)
- ½ sweet onion, cut into thick slices
- 6-8 baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 6-8 sweet mini assorted peppers, sliced and leave one or two whole for presentation
- 1 Red Apple
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a medium – large oven proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausages and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium high heat add another table spoon of oil, onion and garlic.
- Cook for about one minute. Add peppers, apple and mushrooms.
- Cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sage, salt and pepper.
- Add in sausage and chicken stock.
- Roast in over for 20 minutes until sausages are cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Yields dinner for 2. Double the recipe for 4+