School will be ending soon and summer will be in full force. Here is an easy snack for the kids that they can make themselves. If your kids are anything like Bailey, she wants to do everything herself. While she works hard at crafting her baking skills, this often means batter splattered ALL over the kitchen and big messes. This recipe uses fresh ingredients and the power of ASSEMBLY!
Using Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes as the gem of this assembled snack, little ones are able to pile up ingredients in the patterns of their choice and get snacking away. Pro Mom Tip: Put ANYTHING on a stick and your kids will eat it. Broccoli? Brussel sprouts? Yep, watch it go down. What’s not fun to eat off a stick?
For this recipe I chose 3 kid friendly ingredients and let Bailey go to town. You can really add anything your kids love. The perfect way to sneak in those nutrients after a long afternoon playing outside. Soak the kabob sticks in water for an hour or so to ensure there are no sharp wood pieces sticking out. This trick also works great for meat and veggie kabobs.
For more great recipes using Backyard Farms Tomatoes click here.
- Kid Friendly Sized Kabob Sticks
- 1 box Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 package tortellini, cooked per directions
- 1 can of black olives, drained
- 1 handful of Basil leaves, leaves torn or roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients in bowls for your kids to reach and show them how to stack up! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.