It’s my birthday month! Yes, I celebrate all month, don’t you?! One snowy snow day last week we were stuck in the house and decided to make homemade donuts. These were easy to whip up and beat trekking out in 9 degree weather. Read on for the Best Chocolate Baked Donuts!
If you don’t have one already, I would invest in at least one great donut pan! I have linked my favorite donut pan HERE and Mini Donut Pan HERE from Target. If you’re a PRIME family like us, I’ve also linked my favorite pan from Amazon to My Amazon Page HERE. Yes you totally need a mini donut pan too. Then you can eat more! Stay inside with your slippers on. Let the donuts and donut pans come to you!
This recipe made 8 regular size donuts. Be careful not to overfill your donut tray with batter! You don’t want them overflowing. You guys know I like to keep it simple so use your favorite canned frosting. If you happen to have Vanilla on hand, just add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to make chocolate.
Whip these up, let them cool and frost and dip in confetti sprinkles til your heart’s content for whatever you may be celebrating today! Me? I’m celebrating over 30 degree weather this week and turning 30 again for the 5th year in a row!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk
- favorite store bought frosting or glaze
- favorite confetti sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the donut pan careful not to overfill.
- Bake 10-11 minutes at 350 degrees.
Want another fun sweet treat? Making your own ice cream is super easy. CLICK HERE for my recipe for Cherry Garcia Ice Cream Made from Home!