This is a recipe for homemade Coconut Lemon Sorbet which is one of my favorite sorbet recipes!
Last summer my neighbor who has the cooking, entertaining and gardening likes of Martha Stewart, generously shared with us her Coconut Lemon Sorbet. This year, I asked her for the recipe. This sorbet is so refreshing. The citrus is balanced out with the smooth creamy flavor of coconut cream all frozen together for the perfect warm weather treat.
Homemade Ice Creams and Sorbets at home are actually relatively simple to make which makes me wonder what took so long to jump on the bandwagon. This recipe for Coconut Lemon Sorbet is so fresh with the lemon zest and is an instant pick me.
You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Next time I’ll be testing without an ice cream maker but for this recipe you will need one. I’ve linked the ice cream maker I used and borrowed from my neighbor here. It seems like a solid purchase this summer especially as most establishments are still closed, we will be making most of our meals at home.
Be Sure to Check Out These Other Homemade Ice Cream and Sorbet Recipes:
Here are a few notes if you’ve never made ice cream or sorbet at home. First, if your machine has canister that needs to be frozen you have to do so prior to starting your recipe and perhaps overnight. I froze the canisters for about two days. You will want to keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to use them. As soon as you’re done mixing the ingredients, turn ON the machine THEN pour in the sorbet mixture.
- 3- 15 oz cans Sweetened Creamed Coconut
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 Cups Lemon Juice
- 3 Cups Water
1. Zest one lemon with a citrus grater and set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk creamed coconut until smooth.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir.
4. Immediately turn your ice cream maker on and pour into the ice cream maker. Churn per the manufacturer instructions. It should take about 20 minutes to completion. Adjust until you've reached your desired consistency.
5. Serve immediately and store in an air tight freezer container.
Ensure you have prepared the ice cream maker ahead of time.
You may need to keep it in the ice cream maker for longer until you've reached your desired consistency.
Best served right away or place in your freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.