WARNING: This recipe for Maple Pecan Pie bars is seriously addictive. If you find yourself eating the whole tray don’t say I didn’t warn you. Not that I’ve done that or anything…
Warm brown sugar and maple make this for a perfect fall or holiday recipe. I personally think you should take a trip or at least order Maple Syrup from Vermont, but if you’re not that dedicated then regular pancake syrup will do. I also sprinkled with chocolate chips while still warm.
Dessert can never be too sweet in my mind. These Maple Pecan Pie Bars are chewy, delicious and a lot easier to make than you would think. A great dessert to make ahead and bring along or make for the week.
A few tips: You can keep your pecans as chopped or whole as you like but the more you chop them, the easier these will be to cut. Ensure these are cooled completely before you cut into squares.
It will be tempting, they will smell so good, but they won’t cut well if they are not completely cooled!
- 1/3 Cup Softened Butter
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, diced
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Spray or grease paper and pan.
2. Beat butter and brown suger for several minutes. Add flour and salt until combined. The mixture should be crumbly. Place the mixture in the pan and press it evenly to the bottom of the pan. Use a greased papertowel or a butter wrapper to press down the dough.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside for the mixture to be made and added.
For the Filling:
1. In a medium saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and milk. Bring to a simmer for one full minute. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the peacans.
2. Pour the filling evenly over the crust while still hot. Use a spatula to completely cover the crust.
3. Return to the oven and cook for 16 minutes. The mixture should bubble and will thicken as it cools.
4. Completely cool before cutting into. Cut into squares and serve.