These Mediterranean Roasted Red Stuffed Peppers taste as good as they are beautiful. Head to your farmers market or local grocery and hand select 3 of the most beautiful peppers you’ve ever seen. Slice them right down the middle, splitting the stems evenly when you can for a prettier presentation. Dowse in EVOO, oregano and salt and pepper and get roasting a way. If it’s summer, go for some extra char and toss them on the grill.
Here’s a grocery store tip – usually peppers are sold by the pound. Choose peppers that feel or sound hallow as seeds and insides take up much of the weight. Take advantage of the grocery store scales and weigh them while making your selection. (Seriously tho, do you ever use those scales? Would love to know)
Shop my Stoneware Dinner Plates HERE.
Roasting the peppers will give them a deeper smoky flavor and after 20 minutes your house will start to smell amazing. Pack in with herbs or garlic for an aromatic kitchen. On average you should roast for 20-25 minutes before stuffing however every oven is different. I like mine a little more charred on the sides and bottom so the longer they stay in the better, up to 30 minutes.
Overflowing with Orzo, Kalamata Olives, Feta, Lemony Cherry Tomatoes and Basil, this recipe will transport you right into a seaside village on the Mediterranean with a drink on hand. Hearty enough for a full dinner, which I sometimes struggle to find with vegetarian recipes. You can substitute couscous or quinoa for the Orzo if you’re not a pasta lover like me. I don’t know how we are still friends if that’s the case, but thanks for sticking around with me this long. #pastagoals.
Let me know how you liked the recipe or if you’ve made it in the comments below.
- 3 Lagre Red Peppers
- 1 Cup Orzo
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives, halved
- Basil Leaves
- Zest of Lemon
- Feta Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat Over 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half and lengthwise and place in a small -medium roasting pan.
- Drizzle with EVOO, shredded herbs, garlic cloves and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until desired char.
- While the peppers are roasting, cook the orzo. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of EVOO, Kalamata Olives and Feta and toss evenly.
- In a separate dish mix together the cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, a tablespoon of EVOO, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Once the peppers are done, stuff each pepper with the orzo mixture.
- Arrange peppers on a serving dish and top with cherry tomato mix and generously spoon over more feta or basil leaves as desired.
RELATED: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers.